The assignment should be typed, double spaced, no more than 4 pages in length (excluding title page and reference page(s)), and use APA format (6th Edition).
The paper should consist of two key sections:
1. a brief introduction and description of the movie/book/experience (no more than 1 page)
2. an in depth discussion of one of the sport, exercise, or health psychology concepts discussed in class (e.g., motivation, mental health, talent development) which is presented in the book/film. This section should include specific examples, and relate these examples to theoretical and/or practical material discussed in class (approximately 3 pages).
brief comments offering personal insight (no more than ½ page)
• For movie or book: was the depiction of the sport/exercise psychology concept in the film or book accurate based on what you have learned in the course? Why or why not?
• For personal experience: was your experience consistent with what you have learned in the course? Why or why not?
Section 1 – Introduction and Description – 2.5 marks
• Name movie/book/experience (0.5)
• Introduce main characters/participants of movie/book/experience (0.5)
• Provide brief clear and succinct summary of story line/experience (1.5)
Section 2 – Discussion and Reflection -– 9 marks
• Choose one concept from the course of interest to you (e.g. motivation, mental health, talent development); clearly articulate the concept you have chosen (1)
• Draw upon class content to demonstrate your understanding of the movie/book/experience. The objective of this section is not to reiterate class notes or recount in detail the plot of the movie/book/experience. Instead students should demonstrate their ability to apply their knowledge, by making strong links between class material and the movie/book/experience. (6)
• Reflection (2 marks) – see below
– For movie or book: was the depiction of the sport/exercise psychology concept in the film or book accurate based on what you have learned in the course? Why or why not?
– For personal experience: was your experience consistent with what you have learned in the course? Why or why not?
Writing – 3.5 marks
• APA citations and reference list. (1)
• Page lengths. Ability to write concisely with appropriate weight to each section. (1)
• Writing. Fluent. Grammar. Spelling. Presentation. Formatting (1.5)
Example: Referencing class lectures in APA?
Bassett-Gunter, R. (2018). What is Exercise Psychology? KINE 3000: Psychology of Physical Activity and Health, York University, January 11, 2019.
Please choose the personal experience option from instruction no the books or movie