Todd and Edna have been married for three years. They have had serious personal problems. Edna is a heavy drinker, and Todd cannot keep a job. Also, they have bickered and fought constantly since their marriage. Deciding that the way to overcome their problems is to have a child, they stop practicing birth control, and Edna becomes pregnant.
For this dilemma address the following:
• Identify the consequences of the actions taken
• Determine whether the actions taken represented a greater good, who would benefit from the good, and whether the consequences ethically justify the decisions and actions.
• How would Locke have addressed or solved the problem? You may also address whether or not you agree with Theorist John Locke and, if not, state how you would address it differently. Be sure to explain your reasoning.
• A written report that discusses all the ethical dilemmas in depth
• ( a PowerPoint narrated slide show) that summarizes the report and examines the ethical ideas beyond the particulars of the dilemma.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
• Length: 1 page
• 1-inch margins
• Double spaced
• 12-point Times New Roman font